What I did yesterday

 I spent a great deal of time yesterday photographing and posting my most recent dolls on Instagram and listing them in my Etsy store. They all came together around the same time, as I found myself working on several at the same time.

This black lady doll was a struggle to complete. I used a technique to paint her skin that did not turn out as I had hoped and she has a decidedly plain face. It took a lot of pondering to come up with her hair treatment, but I am satisfied with it. Even though her dress is very simple, it took a lot of work to make, as I had to adjust the gathers and fiddle with the back of the dress to get it to fit (clumsily). She has a full set of underwear too. The easiest thing about her was her painted on boots.



I completed this little Izannah Walker doll and made her a period correct Sontag with tiny needles and fine yarn. I like the colour of her dress. I did struggle with her face, and I am still not totally happy with it, but she is launched into the world now.




I have also been experimenting with primitive rag dolls. Fun and cute!



Lastly, I enlarged the pattern from the kit doll I made and created another cloth doll. Her petticoat is made from an antique pillowcase edge.


I am working on building up enough steam to clean and declutter my workroom. Wish me luck!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy times

The making of a boy doll dress

A little rag doll