Update

 It is good to connect with you all again after such a long time. As I mentioned in earlier posts, I have been lured down some new rabbit holes and am still in the process of juggling all my divergent interests in the dolly realm. Altering or customizing factory made dolls has captured a lot of my attention recently. There are so many directions to go, and I have been exploring many of them. When one is learning a new skill, it takes time to create something worth sharing, and consequently I haven't many projects that I want the world to see! I also have spent time really studying the dolls of makers I admire and pondering how to incorporate their inspiration into my own work. Not a rapid process!

I showed you the beginning of an altered Barbie, and here is the finished product.




These images are from my phone, so not the greatest.

Some customized Blythe pics:

 

My first. I dyed, then cut and styled her awful pinkish hair and painted over one set of eyes. A learning experience, for sure.




This one came bald, and I purchased her wig. Her eye chips were made by me, using hand coloured circles coated with UV resin. Her face has been resculpted. She is wearing the outfit I had on my first doll and shoes I sewed by hand from glove leather.








Some one sixth scale Christmas decorations, courtesy of a tutorial from My Froggy Stuff, an adult doll collector and generous sharer of so many great ideas for Barbie scale dolls!


This is a room box I created after seeing photos of a charming room in a tiny boathouse posted by Aiken House and Gardens blog. I want to live there.


This is my most recent Blythe customization. I made her eyes, clothes, and cut her hair. The pants pattern comes from Stitch By Stitch With Lily on Youtube.

















My Edwardian inspired jacket and skirt for Blythe. The scale of the pattern is so important when sewing tiny clothes. I think I got it right on this one.

After so much work on factory dolls, I had to turn my energies to creating a couple of dolls from scratch. 
From a Gail Wilson pattern. My own clothing designs.


Made using Dixie Redmond"s pattern and my own clothing designs.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy times

A little rag doll

The making of a boy doll dress