Works in progress

I have been pushing myself to finish several ongoing projects, so I am going to show you their progress.

I am knitting some lace for a collar to go around the neck of a larger Izannah Walker doll who now has arms and legs and her body cover and is ready to dress.

This pattern is part of one from a Victorian knitting book of lace collars. I am just using the outer edge. And very tiny needles.

I am a follower of Fabiola from Fig and Me. She has Youtube videos of how to make a Hansel and Gretel pair of dollies. I decided to make some for my granddaughter's birthday, which has just passed. I will send them in the mail, along with a book of crafts for kids age 4-6. Just the right demographic for both grandchildren. I have done the heads and am moving onto bodies and arms. They are quite small, so it goes quickly.

The larger Izannah dolls are moving along. The arms and legs are made for the one on the right, I just have to paint them.


A doll that caught my eye is a cloth doll made by a Russian maker, who kindly shares the pattern online for free. I have long wanted to make a doll with the features of Mademoiselle Riviere, painted by Ingres. This doll seemed to be a good start. The photo is a little blurred, but you get the idea. She needs her Regency outfit. I am going to look through my stash to find some filmy fabric to make her dress.


Lastly, I took up a rag doll that has been languishing in a pile of others and have given her a slinky dress that reminds me vividly of my sister's Barbie doll bathing suit. This was when they first came out. In the Fifties of the last century.


Sha needs hair and boots. Coming soon. 
I hope you are well and staying safe. We are, here.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy times

The making of a boy doll dress

A little rag doll