The basque jacket

I finished the basque jacket and am fairly pleased with it. The outfit now cries out for a hat, so I have been scouring the internet to find one that looks right for the period, which I believe to be later in the 1800's. Something jaunty, but it has to be held on with ribbons. I have something in mind, and will get busy on it soon. 




One of my favourite Waldorf dollmakers, Ildiko Duretz of The Waldorf Doll Shop, listed a workshop using her techniques on Etsy, so I immediately bought it and began to make a doll according to her instructions. She constructs her dolls very differently than I do, so it has been a bit of a struggle for me to follow her directions. The resulting doll is very appealing, though, and I am working on his wardrobe right now.



As you can see, I have taken a break for tea and left him shoeless on one foot. This is just a WIP shot. Glamour photos to come.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The making of a boy doll dress

A little rag doll

Busy times