Izannah Walker doll continued

These dolls take a lot of time to make! Not only the sewing and sculpting, but the elapsed time needed for things to dry. I have discovered it is good to have more than one on the go, so I can work on one when the other is drying. I am having a good time designing and sewing the wardrobes for these dolls. There are many patterns on the internet that come from ladies' magazines in Victorian times that I can use to make tiny garments. Of course, there are many adjustments to be made to fit each specific doll. All my dolls seem to be unique, so patterns for one don't necessarily fit another. Here are some WIP pictures.





I love that I can learn all kinds of new skills when I make dolls. Like millinery and shoemaking. Growth tucks in skirts! Tons o' fun! 
This dressed doll is sitting in a display window to advertise the Artisan Centre Creative Hands On Festival on September 13, 14, 15 here in Peterborough. I will be there showing people how I make my dolls. It will be a challenge, as it takes a lot of concentration to sculpt a doll head, in paperclay or in wool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The making of a boy doll dress

A little rag doll

Busy times