It's been so long!

In my last post I described my work on a commission as well as something to submit to Art Doll Quarterly. I have had no word from ADQ, so I assume that my work was not juried into the magazine. Better luck next time, if there is a next time. The commission doll has gone to its new home. The entire experience of doing a commission has been a learning experience, from how to create a doll from an image, to how to conduct the business of selling a doll. I will do things differently next time. If there is one.
I focused on making the Snow Queen doll for a challenge in Somerset Studio magazine. I spent three weeks designing and making a sleigh and then came the doll. She went together quickly, I think because I had given it so much thought that it all just flowed out.It has been a week since I sent off images of her, and no word. It was very difficult to photograph her, as she is all white! Not much contrast to separate the elements. Here are some images of her.








I think I will put her into my Etsy store. I am trying out a free shipping sale for the first two weeks of May, so perhaps that will attract some buyers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy times

The making of a boy doll dress

A little rag doll