Progress on my latest










After a few setbacks, ahem, learning opportunities, my doll is now finished. The pose was a great challenge, but I learned a lot. I snapped the breastplate while trying to adjust the balance, so now I am even more experienced in how to do repairs! 
The fabric was beautiful, and it inspired me to try making the most of the design possibilities of angling the stripes. I had made a circular skirt for another doll, so decided to make one for this one. There wasn't quite enough fabric to make the circle, so I pieced it at the back. Not too noticeable, I hope.
The dramatic colour of the costume called for a dramatic hair colour, so I took out my stash of bamboo roving. Under a hat, it looks good. The hat was made for another project, but was too big. NEVER throw anything out, you don't know when it will come in handy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy times

The making of a boy doll dress

A little rag doll