Latest progress on the seated doll

Love the sharks' teeth in the foreground.
Plus the fish and chips. And the driftwood. And caviar.
Days have flown by and I have not kept you all up-to-date! Inserted in the week since my last post has been a visit to my grandson's second birthday party. Many celebrants and lots of ocean themed food. My daughter-in-law worked hard to make it really special, and she succeeded!


Back to the doll: I wanted her to have a soft, rather pointed hat, so the internet gave me instructions and I got busy. She was ready to sit in her chair, so it was time to make one. I had seen some enchanting chairs online and drew up plans for one of my own. It involved measuring the height and depth I needed, using the doll. By making the plans the size of the finished piece, I was able to use a string to measure how much wire I needed to cut before bending it into the shapes I wanted. Worked well.



  
Next thing to be made is the Object of Fascination. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy times

The making of a boy doll dress

A little rag doll