Summertime work and weather

Tuesday July 18
I got sidetracked from my latest doll work by a request from my daughter-in-law to make a cloth doll for my granddaughter, similar to one she saw online. Since I have immersed myself in dollmaking practices, it was easy to see how I could make a doll like the example, so I made a pattern, went through my fabric stash and got right down to work. It was fun to make something so simple and uncomplicated. It came together very quickly. I decided to use my sewing machine, to make construction faster. For my grandson, I had made a very simple rag doll using a pattern from E.J. Taylor's book on dollmaking, and I had stitched it all by hand, but time was a factor, (they are coming to visit this weekend). After the doll was completed (and approved!), I was browsing through a board that Pinterest had brought to my attention, those thoughtful guys, and discovered that, had I taken the trouble to look there, I would have seen the complete pattern, free, to make the doll I had just finished. I am thinking of making a bigger one later, using the online pattern.
Spent time today on my seated polymer clay doll, securing the arms and legs to the new armature I made. Then on to wrapping it, then sewing on the outer fabric. Body, legs and arms are mostly done now. Tomorrow I have most of the day to finish the bodywork, with time out to make zucchini relish for the winter. Too bad canning always has to happen in the hottest time of the year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy times

The making of a boy doll dress

A little rag doll